Finney Ether Converter
Why use Ꝼ as the symbol for a Finney?
- This particular unit of ether needs a symbol. The Finney is at the "Goldilocks" size, at least for now. It's not too big, not too small, but just right for real-life use, like buying a Guinness.
- Hal Finney was Irish, assumingly by his name. The symbol is the Irish Gaelic F, known as the Insular F.
- It's already Unicode: details here.
- It's easy enough to be handwritten.
- It's a tip 'o the cap homage to the recipient of the first bitcoin transaction.
Encoding details: Insular F.